Sunday, January 6, 2008

No Fear

2008. The year of living fearlessly, except for things that involve heights and steep cliffs. Knitting and spinning? Those I can do, but I'm going to do more of my own work this year....which means getting over my fear of math. Vespa rides with Cosa Uno aka MixMonster? With pleasure...unless it's cold. I'll dress more warmly and ride more often. I go toe-to-toe with my children already, which seems like an obvious parenting skill, but not every parent I know can say that. I've even jumped out of a plane to cure my acrophobia. BTW, it didn't work - I jumped because I was afraid I'd fall out of the plane, and I was petrified all the way down. I'm still petrified on the edge of a cliff, the top of a Mayan temple, and a even some freeway overpasses. Aside from that, I'm moderately gutsy, but I've lived in fear of going public with my writing via blogging or having any sort of online presence, which in the world of fiber-worship seems inconceivable these days. It's not that I was lurking, exactly. It's just that I'm a little shy. So I'm going to write more fearlessly and join the cyber-fiber world. Starting now.

No comments: